Established in 1996, Community Bank of the Bay is an independent, community-focused bank with over 20 years of active financial investment in businesses and individuals in the San Francisco Bay Area. Our mission is to foster and promote economic development in the communities we serve.
At Community Bank of the Bay, we take the time to listen, understand, and develop customized financial solutions that support the unique needs of our business banking clients. Through community partnerships, civic engagement, nonprofit stewardship, and a meaningful approach to our client relationships, we strive to offer the tools and resources necessary for equitable development and economic opportunity.
Community Bank of the Bay (CBB) is a member of the FDIC, an SBA Preferred Lender, and a CDARS depository institution, headquartered in Oakland, CA with offices in Danville and San Mateo. We are also California’s first FDIC-insured certified Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) and have been awarded 18 Bank Enterprise Awards since 1997 from the federal CDFI fund to use in service to distressed communities. CBB is the first and only bank in the Bay Area to sign the Anti-Displacement Code of Conduct, which advocates for sustainable investment that allows local communities to thrive.
The New Accounts Officer is responsible for performing a broad variety of financial services such as opening and closing deposit accounts, renewing certificate of deposit, and assisting customers with various types of account problems. Answers customer questions regarding Community Bank of the Bay services and performs a variety of account maintenance. Assists customers with monetary transactions. May be responsible for managing a portfolio of customers by taking ownership for the relationship and being the primary point of contact for their customer issues. Assists or refers customers with any and all questions or problems that arise. Attends to telephone inquiries and transactions for customers. Responsible for complying with bank policies, procedures, laws and regulations, and security procedures. Performs various branch functions as required.
- Location: Oakland or Danville (2 positions open)
- Job Type: Full-time
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assumes responsibility for the effective and professional performance of financial service functions.
- Presents and explains bank services, products, and mission to customers to meet their financial needs. Opens and closes accounts, orders checks, and debit cards. May rent safety deposit boxes.
- Answers questions and solves problems for customers by listening to problems, collecting data, securing answers. Resolves customer account problems. Takes stop payment orders.
- Renews and updates certificate of deposit accounts.
- Receives and directs customers and telephone calls. Responds to inquiries and questions, or directs them as necessary. Records and relays messages.
- Performs file maintenance and account changes as needed.
- Performs address changes for customers.
- Maintains IRA accounts and answers questions regarding IRAs.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective, professional business relations with customers.
- Resolves customer requests and questions promptly, courteously, and professionally.
- Keeps customers informed of Community Bank of the Bay services and policies.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective coordination and working relationships with coworkers and management.
- Assists area personnel as required.
- Keeps supervisor informed of area activities and significant problems.
- Completes required reports and records accurately and promptly.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Actively and professionally cross sells Company services.
- Performs research and NSF duties as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Understanding of financial services and products provided.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Two years of financial institution experience in new accounts or universal banker role.
- Excellent data entry skills.
- Exceptional phone demeanor and customer service skills; Ability to listen attentively and assess callers’ needs.
- Positive with a can-do attitude.
- Punctual, reliable, adaptable, and a team player.
- Ability to operate related computer applications and business equipment.
- Solid math and bookkeeping abilities.
- Subsidized medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and long-term disability insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Paid vacation and sick days
- 11 paid holidays per year
- 1 volunteer day
- Gift matching contribution to non-profit organizations of employee’s choice and the Green Car Program subsidy
Community Bank of the Bay is an Equal Opportunity Employer and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status, or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and municipal laws. Job candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States.