Established in 1996, Community Bank of the Bay is an independent, community-focused bank with over 20 years of active financial investment in businesses and individuals in the San Francisco Bay Area. Our mission is to foster and promote economic development in the communities we serve.
At Community Bank of the Bay, we take the time to listen, understand, and develop customized financial solutions that support the unique needs of our business banking clients. Through community partnerships, civic engagement, nonprofit stewardship, and a meaningful approach to our client relationships, we strive to offer the tools and resources necessary for equitable development and economic opportunity.
Community Bank of the Bay (CBB) is a member of the FDIC, an SBA Preferred Lender, and a CDARS depository institution, headquartered in Oakland, CA with offices in Danville and San Mateo. We are also California’s first FDIC-insured certified Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) and have been awarded 18 Bank Enterprise Awards since 1997 from the federal CDFI fund to use in service to distressed communities. CBB is the first and only bank in the Bay Area to sign the Anti-Displacement Code of Conduct, which advocates for sustainable investment that allows local communities to thrive.
The Customer Service Manager is responsible for daily operations of the branch. Ensures established policies and procedures are followed. Oversees the provision of a full range of services to customers and prospective customers. Ensures customers are promptly and professionally served. Trains, directs, supervises and coaches branch staff. Maintains a strong working knowledge of Customer Service Representative (CSR), and New Accounts responsibilities and can function in the roles if needed. Performs various branch functions as required.
- Location: San Mateo
- Job Type: Full-time
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises the smooth operation of the branch to ensure service quality, accuracy, efficiency, and risk management Provides suggestions for improved effectiveness.
- Ensures branch compliance with all policies, procedures, and complies with applicable laws and regulations, particularly as they pertain to audit, security, compliance, and internal controls. Ensures monthly and quarterly branch audits and certifications are completed accurately.
- Ensures branch security. Responsible for opening and closing the branch in accordance with set hours and established procedures. Tests branch security equipment (cameras, alarms) according to established procedures.
- Responsible for branch vault and cash supply. Prepares, receives, and processes cash shipments per procedures, ensuring adequate currency supplies at all times. Ensures the branch balances all transactions at the close of each day. Proofs CSRs, runs related reports, and balances the vault at the end of each day. Provides assistance to Customer Service Representatives as needed. Completes month end certification of all cash items and negotiable instruments.
- Ensures proper completion of CTRs, balancing of the ATM, and Night Drops deposits.
- Assists with Customer Service Representative functions. Performs duties related to certificates of deposit and IRAs. May handle direct deposit functions and safe deposit boxes. Assists in opening new customer accounts.
- Promotes branch business development and seeks to broaden customer base. May cross sell Bank products and services.
- Completes required reports including monthly and quarterly branch certifications.
- Assists with implementing changes to established policies and procedures within the branch.
- Provides assistance, direction, and supervision as needed including guidance for New Accounts Officers and Customer Service Representatives.
- Reviews and monitors the work of branch personnel. Provides suggestions and support as necessary.
- Assists with orientation of new employees and staff training sessions. Ensures personnel are well trained in all phases of their respective jobs including operations and product knowledge. Performs cross training as necessary.
- Determines appropriate staffing levels and scheduling of employees. Oversees the lobby to reduce the wait time and provide support to staff.
- Tracks individual employee progress and conducts performance appraisals. Formulates and implements corrective actions as needed.
- Ensures customers’ requests and questions are promptly and courteously resolved. Answers customers’ questions or refers appropriately. Ensures customers are informed of Bank services, products, and policies.
- May be assigned as a primary point of contact for key client relationships and expected to provided day to day support.
- Serves as a primary point of contact and support the day to day needs of a high volume corporate cash management client. Must have experience with online wire transfers, remote deposit capture and account analysis.
- Assists with branch personnel functions as needed.
- Completes all required compliance training in a timely manner. Attends meetings as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent. Additional coursework preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of deposit services and products. Familiarity with other business line products.
- Strong knowledge of New Account Officer and Customer Service Representative functions.
- Knowledge of banking laws and regulations.
- Working knowledge of MS office Suite (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- 2-5 years of related bank operations experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ bank supervisory experience required.
- Solid analytical abilities and ability to make independent decisions and utilize sound judgement.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Effective leadership skills to select, motivate, develop, and supervise assigned personnel.
- Ability to exercise good judgement and discretion in applying and interpreting bank policies and procedures.
- Ability to operate related computer applications and basic business equipment.
Community Bank of the Bay is an Equal Opportunity Employer and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status, or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and municipal laws. Job candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States.