Established in 1996, Community Bank of the Bay is an independent, community-focused bank with over 20 years of active financial investment in businesses and individuals in the San Francisco Bay Area. Our mission is to foster and promote economic development in the communities we serve.
At Community Bank of the Bay, we take the time to listen, understand, and develop customized financial solutions that support the unique needs of our business banking clients. Through community partnerships, civic engagement, nonprofit stewardship, and a meaningful approach to our client relationships, we strive to offer the tools and resources necessary for equitable development and economic opportunity.
Community Bank of the Bay (CBB) is a member of the FDIC, an SBA Preferred Lender, and a CDARS depository institution, headquartered in Oakland, CA with offices in Danville and San Mateo. We are also California’s first FDIC-insured certified Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) and have been awarded 18 Bank Enterprise Awards since 1997 from the federal CDFI fund to use in service to distressed communities. CBB is the first and only bank in the Bay Area to sign the Anti-Displacement Code of Conduct, which advocates for sustainable investment that allows local communities to thrive.
We are looking for a Cash Management Specialist to join our cash management operations team. The Cash Management Specialist is responsible for the implementation of cash management services, onboarding, client training, ongoing client support, and application maintenance. The Cash Management Specialist provides professional, courteous, and efficient customer service to the bank’s business customers. As a Cash Management Specialist, you will comply with all Bank policies and procedures, as well as all applicable state and federal banking regulations impacting Cash Management Services.
- Location: to be determined
- Job Type: Full-time
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains electronic banking and cash management banking files and ensures all documentation is accurate, complete, current, and meets all audit/compliance requirements.
- Provides guidance and assistance to clients with specific needs in the electronic banking area.
- Processes the electronic transactions and requests submitted by clients via Cash Management.
- Reviews and processes lockbox deposits.
- Assists individual clients with Internet Banking and Bill Payment access.
- Maintains records of the client’s online activity and performs certifications.
- Troubleshoots customer sign-in process and resolves all issues and prepares updates.
- Monitors all issues of internal and external customers using merchant applications and provides support in resolving problems.
- Assists customers in understanding all benefits of products and services for cash management.
- Provides technical support to all cash management products. Trains customers in all new cash management functions.
- Evaluates everyday overdrafts and monitors all balances. Evaluates all monthly account statements and prepares billing.
- Completes all required reports.
- Assists relationship managers, line officers, and other team members in identifying services and client needs for cash management services.
- Provides support to branch staff, point of contact for escalation for cash management operational and technical issues.
- Establishes and maintains effective, professional business relations with customers.
- Responsible for related duties as required or as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent. Some college preferred but not required.
- Detailed knowledge of operational processes related to all cash management services and products.
- Strong technical expertise in online banking, ACH, Lockbox, wires, account analysis billing.
- Some knowledge of related bank operations and procedures.
- Knowledge of cash management banking laws and regulations.
- Working knowledge of MS Office products (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Minimum of 2+ years experience in commercial cash management implementation and support.
- Possess interpersonal skills to include having a positive attitude, engaging in professional conduct at all times, and being a respectful team player.
- Well-organized. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to exercise good judgement and discretion in applying and interpreting bank policies and procedures.
- Able to operate related computer applications and basic business equipment.
Community Bank of the Bay is an Equal Opportunity Employer and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status, or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and municipal laws. Job candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States.