Of the 4500 banks in the country, only 150 are certified by the United States Treasury as a CDFI. We’re proud to be one of them. This means we’re part of a unique subset of financial institutions that’s committed to double or triple bottom line service.
Since 1997, CBB has received the CDFI Fund Bank Enterprise Award (BEA) at least 18 times. The BEA program recognizes banks that back their mission with active investment in their communities.
In other words, the local and environmental values that are starting to be acknowledged as important today have always been important to us. We’ve been living these values for over 20 years. For example, during the recession in 2008, when other banks were pulling back on their lending and local businesses were paying the price, CBB was on the front lines here, working to develop the loans they needed to turn the tide. We don’t run away when things get tough. We’re committed to the success of the Bay Area.
- AWARDED CDFI STATUS in 1997
- 18 CDFI FUND BANK ENTERPRISE AWARDS since 1997
- BANK OF THE YEAR by Western Independent Bankers in (WIB) 2014 and 2015
- 5 STAR FOR SAFETY AND SOUNDNESS by BauerFinancial
- “OUTSTANDING” by Bank Local
- “COMMENDABLE PERFORMANCE” by Findley Reports in 2017
- GREEN BUSINESS OF THE YEAR by San Mateo Chamber of Commerce in 2017
- VOTED BEST LOCAL BANK for three years in a row
- EARNED SUPERIOR PREMIERE STATUS by Findley Reports in 2015